In order to promote a healthy lifestyle among Barcelona’s citizens, the Barcelona Sports Institute and the city’s sport agents provide a range of facilities, amenities, sporting events and activities that make up the SPORT, CITY AND WELL-BEING dimension.
FACILITIES AND AMENITIES IN THE CITY
250 public and private sports facilities.
- 1 sports centre less than a ten-minute walk from anywhere in the city.
- 117 municipal sports facilities, of which 50 are sports centres, with more than 175,000 members in total.
- More than 600 sports spaces: 106 open-air, multi-sport and pelota courts, 96 tennis and padel tennis courts, 37 football pitches, 26 large football pitches, 16 athletics areas, 44 covered pavilions and pelota courts, 217 multi-use and specialist rooms, 18 outdoor swimming pools and 71 indoor pools.
- Olympic facilities at the service of the city, where 170 sports events are held each year, with the participation of more than 265,000 people.
- Public spaces that serve as sports facilities: Colserola Natural Park, Montjuïc Park, the beaches that line the sea front; a large number of parks, gardens and urban sites with 12 sports tracks for running and walking, around 200 km of cycle paths, 130 table tennis tables, 120 basketball courts and numerous petanque courts, among others.15 fitness apparatus circuits in the city’s parks to encourage active ageing.
More information: http://esports.bcn.cat/en/sports-programmes/sport-city-and-well-being